Below are the most common visitor or employment type visa categories that the Office of International Services (OIS) at OSU supports.

Other visa categories may be supported by other departments on campus such as F-1 or J-1 student categories; please contact an International Student Advisor.

Non-Immigrant Visa Categories

B-1: tourists and business visitors (cannot be used for employment)

E-3: specialty occupation for Australian citizens 

F-1 OPT: optional practical training for students

H-1B: professional, specialty occupations

J-1: visiting professors, researchers, and student interns

O-1: individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement 

TN: professional occupations; citizens of Mexico & Canada only

J-2 | H-4 | E-3D | TD: dependent type visas for scholar or faculty spouse/children

Third-Party Provider: scholars, such as Fulbright scholars inbound to the U.S., have their visa documents produced and managed by a third-party

Other: F-1 and J-1 student visas are processed by International Student Advisors


Immigrant Visa and Permanent Residency

PR: OSU permanent residence information and policy